TERMS & CONDITIONS
Deposit & payment:
A non-refundable deposit of 20% is payable on booking. The balance is due four weeks before arrival. We will send a reminder. Cheques should be made payable for Malston Mill Farm. Bank Payment to Malston Mill Farm Holiday Cottages 00428043 sort code 20-60-88, credit/debit cards are payable via Pay Pal. All on line bookings are provisional until confirmed in writing by us. Bookings are held for up to 5 days in order to give time for deposits to be paid, after this unconfirmed bookings will be available to re-let. Once you have confirmed the booking with the payment of a deposit you are responsible for the full rental cost even if you subsequently cancel. We strongly suggest that you have holiday insurance.
Due to Covid-19:- Bookings are accepted subject to Government guidelines regarding travel restrictions. If you cannot travel we will not charge you. When restrictions are lifted we would expect you to travel. Any other cancellation then our usual terms and conditions apply.
In the event of cancellation within 56 days (8 weeks) of the start of your holiday your balance of payment remains payable. Please advise us immediately if you have to cancel. If at all possible we will attempt to re-let your Cottage and if successful will refund the cost we have charged the new Tenant (which may be less than you paid should we have to discount to re-let). In the event of us been unable to re-let you remain responsible for the full rental cost and no refund will be made by us, whatever the circumstances.
We strongly advise that you take out travel insurance.
Malston Mill Farm reserved the right to cancel a booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of any cause beyond its control (such as but not necessarily limited to flood, fire, power loss, water loss) which prevents it from performing its obligations relating to any Tenancy, and will refund the Deposit and if already paid by the Tenant the final payment in full and have no further liability.
If our performance is hindered or prevented by a Force Majeure Event (please see definition below), we may, at our sole discretion offer you:
- Alternative holiday dates withing the calendar year of your booking or
- Such other remedy as we consider appropriate with regard the circumstances.
In this Contract a Force Majeure Event means any of the following circumstances which may hinder or prevent the performance of the contract, including but not limited to: power failure, Internet Service Provider failure, acts of God, epidemic, pandemic, civil unrest, fire, flood, droughts, storms, earthquakes, collapse of buildings, explosion or accident, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action, any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing an export or import restriction, quota or prohibition, or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question.’
The Tenancy confers upon the Tenants the right to occupy the specified premises for a holiday within the meaning of Schedule 1. Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988.
The Tenants’ agree:
- To indemnify Malston Mill Farm for any damage to Malston Mill Cottages, furnishings and equipment therein caused by willful act of default of themselves, their guests. The tenant agrees to pay the amount required to make good or remedy the damage. A refundable security deposit of £100 will be added to the final invoice. This will be refunded within one week of your leaving the property. Please note that extra cleaning costs, loss of keys may be deducted from your security deposit (we do accept that certain breakages can happen and do not charge for the odd plate/glass).
- To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the tenancy. This includes washing up and wiping up and putting crockery/cutlery etc in the cupboards/draws provided, removing rubbish to the bins provided. Cottages should be left in the same condition that you found them, this helps our cleaners to get the cottages ready for the next Tenants. Also clean the BBQ after use and the surround tables and chairs used.
- To permit the Owners of Malston Mill Farm and their nominated staff reasonable access to the cottage.
- Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description
- Visitors of the Tenants are welcome to visit you and be entertained in your cottage. We would like to be advised of such visits. The leisure facilities however, are exclusively for guests staying at Malston Mill Farm. Visiting guests are not allowed to use any of the leisure facilities.
Off road Car parking is provided free for Tenants. Malston Mill Farm does not accept any responsibility for damage to or theft of vehicles or their contents.
LIABILITY and DUTY TO TAKE CARE
Malston Mill Farm shall not be liable to you or your guests for loss or damage to property. Nor shall liability be accepted for accident or injury either within or outside the property. You must take care to avoid accident and injury at all times. Steps, decking and garden slopes can be slippery when wet.
Leisure facilities & Visitors
Should you have family/friends staying in the area, you are welcome to entertain them in your cottage. We would like to be advised of such visits. The leisure facilities, however, are exclusively for guests staying at Malston Mill Farm. Visiting guests are not allowed to use any of the leisure facilities.
SWIMMING POOLS, JACUZZI and ZIP WIRE: All facilities are unsupervised, it is therefore the responsibility of all adults to ensure that all facilities are used in a safe manner and our rules are implemented. No child should be allowed to swim alone or use the zip wire without an adult being present. We do not allow jumping or diving in the indoor pool due to the shallow waters. We do allow jumping and diving in the outside pool deep end only. No inflatables in the indoor pool, again they are allowed in the outdoor pool. Surrounds of all pools and hot tub can be slippery when wet and caution should be taken.
All facilities are maintained to a high standard and use of them is are your own risk. We will not be liable for injury due to misuse of any leisure facility including the zip wire.
Indoor swimming pool is available between 16.03.24 to 02.11.24 it will be closed at all other times, re-opening for Christmas/New Year 2023. All other leisure facilities are available all year. (They include fishing, tennis, sauna, outdoor Jacuzzi, exercise room, snooker/pool, games area with darts, skittles, table tennis, air hockey and soft play area, outdoor play area, giant chess, landscaped gardens in a stunning location.
Outdoor swimming pool end of May to end of September (weather permitting)
Cots & High Chairs:
These are available on request. Cot bedding is not provided. We also provide stair gates.
Is included in your cottage rent.
Snooker lights, Pool table, sauna and Air Hockey are coin operated you will require 50p, £1 and £2 coins.
Open fires are in Riverside, Dairy and Waterfall Cottages and Log burners in Lakeside and Mill Cottages. Logs can be supplied at a nominal charge and we provide complimentary starter sticks.
Arrival and departure:
The Cottages are available from 4.30 p.m. on the day of arrival. We request notification if you are likely to arrive after 6p.m. Departure is no later than 10 a.m. on the last day of your holiday. Our Cleaners commence their work at this time in order to have the Cottages ready for the new arrivals.
Regrettably are not accepted